This private house dating back to 1650s, suffered 90% fire destruction, apart from the kitchen and a wing added in 1958, due to a thatch fire in the summer of 2006. As the blaze started during the day, there were no injuries. At the peak of the fire, crews from Wiltshire Dorset and Hampshire were in attendance. The fire spread to a timber clad barn on an adjoining property.
The house was completely rebuilt incorporating the salvaged parts of the original 17thC house. The original wing was able to re-use salvaged timbers, and incorporated elements that had been modified over the centuries.